06 April 2011

Grilled Salmon Paprika

GRILLED SALMON PAPRIKA

My new ingredient is smoked paprika. I've been hearing about it for several years but always resisted purchasing it. I finally bought some and this is the recipe I'd like to use with it. It smells divine! I can't wait to use it. I found the recipe at Tasty Kitchen. I really like finding recipes there because it seems like most people have the same sort of mindset about food that I do: make it tasty, make the recipe short, make it quick, but make sure it's tasty. Pioneer Woman is good at making recipes with about 5 ingredients and I really like that. Many, many of her posters at Tasty Kitchen seem to do the same thing. I make my menu almost exclusively from Tasty Kitchen recipes. So thanks to elenaspantry at Tasty Kitchen for the recipe!

Grilled Salmon Paprika *

Added by elanaspantry on August 19, 2010 in Fish, Main Courses

Ingredients

  • 1-½ pound Salmon Fillet, Cut Into (6) 4 Ounce Pieces, Leave Skin On
  • 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
  • ½ teaspoons Ground Cumin
  • 1 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
  • ¼ cups Agave Nectar

Preparation Instructions

Rinse salmon, pat dry and place in an 11 x 7 baking dish. In a small bowl, combine paprika, cumin and salt. Drizzle agave over salmon, then sprinkle with paprika mixture. Marinate for 30 minutes to 5 hours. Grill salmon (skin side down) for 4-5 minutes over medium-high heat, then turn over. Grill on other side for 3 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through. 
Prep Time

 
*Obviously that's not my picture, and this is not my recipe. Please follow the link to Tasty Kitchen to visit the author of the recipe. 
 
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! Salmon! I have some paprika. Do you think smoked paprika is very much different? Not that I wouldn't love an excuse to buy a new spice! :)

Celtic sea salt? Seriously?

Joanna said...

Smoked paprika is completely different. You absolutely cannot substitute regular paprika here. I've used regular paprika for ages, so it's not new to me. The thing that is new is the smoked paprika. I found it at Publix, so if they sell it there, there should sell it almost anywhere.

I'm just going to use regular old kosher salt, or if I can find some cheap sea salt I'll buy that but I'm not going out of my way for Celtic sea salt. Costco sells agave nectar. It has a different flavor than sugar or honey. I don't know what would be a good substitute for that. Probably honey, but get one with a mild flavor.

Kainoa said...

I don't eat fish but it sounds good, I may have to try smoked paprika on chicken or something!