14 May 2011

Sewing

Finally got some sewing done. I think I jumped in a little too far too fast, but that is usually what I do! I got it in my head to make some business card holders for the kids at my church to use for memory verses. At the beginning of every service someone gives a small talk with the kids all coming up front. Do your churches do that? Well, I have done it once before and have been asked to do it again. This time I am doing it on Ephesians 4:29 "Let no unwholesome talk come out of your mouths..." I am tying it in to talking about reading the bible and learing memory verses.
Ta da...
I learned a whole lot making these. As you can tell, they are horribly flawed, but will work just fine. I managed to tangle the thread horribly, locking up the motor. Broke a needle, and cut the heck out of my thumb! (best bet is to keep your fingers away from all those fast moving parts!) But, I managed to make 18 of them (more than enough) and as my kids think they are amazing, I am hoping the other kids at church are happy as well.
I found the pattern on www.schlosserdesigns.com which I found via Craft Gossip.
I also learned that there aren't ANY shops near me that sell cute fabric. And that even the ugly fabric sold at the shop near me is expensive!
I hope that whatever I make next I can get a little better about making everything neater and straighter. Any tips??

3 comments:

Joanna said...

No tips. But I feel bad that that's the best you can get for fabric. I might need to unload my stash a bit...

M said...

Well the tips I can give you is this.... WE ALL START OFF WHERE YOU ARE. Some just don't want to admit it...

So how do we get neater and straighter? we do projects that inspire us... and each project we get a little better by knowing what not to do. LOL... trust me, I still jam my machine at times.

Eventually you will learn exactly where to clip corners before turning, when to do topstitching or wait till after another step, etc. Just keep going and it all gets better soon.... and one day if we just keep going we will be as good as Joanna....

digitizing for embroidery said...

I have seen your blog images this is a very amazing blog I like it you did great work in this blog thank you for sharing.